- In order to participate in this promotion, you must have purchased a new Qualifying Product(s) and have a valid Trade in voucher code for each Trade-in device you are claiming for. Voucher Codes will be provided to you by your chosen Education Reseller partner and must be entered during the submission of your on-line claim.
- The Trade Up for Education program is valid on purchases of qualifying HP products (“Qualifying Products”) made during the promotional period 1st February 2018 through until 30th April 2018.
- The promotion is open to Schools, Colleges and Academies only, located within mainland UK, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. Claims must be submitted by the end user customer only.
- You must submit your online claim within 30 calendar days of purchasing a Qualifying Product. You must return your qualifying Trade-in to arrive within 30 days of approval of your claim (the “Qualifying Trade-in Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, the day on which you are invoiced for your Qualifying Product will count as day one (1) and claim approval date counts as day one (1). Claims with Trade-ins that arrive after the Qualifying Trade-in Period will not be accepted and will be recycled free of charge. You will not be able to claim a trade-in reward on items you have returned to your supplier or for products that arrive outside of the Qualifying Trade-in period.
- Participants are required to upload proof of purchase in the form of a sales invoice or receipt clearly detailing the purchase of the qualifying product, the purchase date, purchase price and reseller name.
- The outcome of your registration and subsequent claim will be communicated to you within three (3) working days.
- On approval of your claim, you will receive you will receive a pre-paid postage label. Trade- in devices must be individually and securely packaged and must be sent complete with a copy of your trade-in barcodes.
- For trade-in claims of 10 units or more, a free pick-up service is available. The pick-up service includes a maximum 2 pick-up attempts by the courier, any additional pick-up attempts will incur a direct cost or the service will be removed as an offer.
- HP cannot accept liability for any applications or computers lost, damaged or destroyed in transit.
For your Trade-in to qualify for the promotion, it must be a working and complete Laptop, Desktop or Tablet (minimum 10” screen) and no more than 7 years old (reasonable wear and tear accepted). Trade in laptops must be a minimum 10” screen size and include the battery and AC Adaptor. Thin clients, password protected or BIOS locked trade in units do not qualify for this promotion. Non-qualifying Trade-ins may be rejected or subject to revaluation as detailed in table 1. We will notify you via email if your Trade-in is revalued, you will have up to 7 days to accept or decline the revised offer. If no response is received within 7 days then you will be awarded that amount detailed in the revaluation email.
Table 1. Deduction Amount Deduction Amount Description Reward Action £ € Battery worn out/failed Deduction £20 €22 Cracked/Damaged casing/Heavily Scratched Deduction £20 €22 Dead Motherboard - Not eligible for promotion Deduction Not Eligible Not Eligible Missing one or more keys from keyboard Deduction £10 €11 Missing/Failed Power Supply Deduction £20 €22 Permanent marking (etched/asset tag) Deduction £20 €22 Power on password locked - Not eligible for promotion Deduction Not Eligible Not Eligible Missing hard drive Deduction £20 €22
- For Qualifying Printers purchased, the trade-in desktop printer must be working, complete with all accessories and power supply. Label printers and tape printers do not qualify for this promotion.
- Trade-in devices must be the rightful property of the Educational Establishment & must be collected from the registered address of the applicant.
- Provided that the Terms and Conditions of this program have been met, the trade-in reward funds will be transferred to your HP for Education Wallet within 15 days of validation of your claim. All trade-in reward funds are exclusive of V.A.T. where applicable.
- Trade in reward funds will remain in your HP for Education Wallet for 90 days after which time, they will expire and will no longer be available to you.
- You may allocate your HP for Education Wallet trade-in reward to your chosen Education Reseller Partner in exchange for products and services.
- You are able to convert 50% of your HP for Education reward funds in to a cash reward. Following conversion into a cash reward, you will receive payment of the funds in to your nominated bank account within 30 days. Any remaining funds will expire 90 days after the initial transfer date.
- This offer is not transferrable to another individual or establishment; claims will only be accepted if they are made by the original purchaser.
- HP reserves the right to change Qualifying Products during the promotional period with 14 days notice.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or confidential data and software. Upon receipt of the Trade-in device, all data will be destroyed. We are unable to retrieve any customer data once a computer has been received. Deletion of all confidential data and information, which are in each case subject to applicable data protection legislation, and are possibly stored on the product to be traded-in, is the responsibility of the customer.
- HP is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the promotion.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon submitting an application.
- If a claim is refused because the terms of the offer have not been met, the Promoter's decision is final. HP reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the promotion or to amend the qualifying products with 2 weeks prior notice.
Address for correspondence is Trade Up To HP, PO Box 487, Gateshead, NE8 9BQ
Address for trade in computers is: ITAD Works, Trade Up To HP, 132 Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, GU6 8TB
Promoter: HP Inc UK Limited. Amen Corner, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN (please do not send any applications or promotion-related correspondence to this address.)